10 Weeks in the Field | Sister Padilla
I hope everyone is doing well and that you’re all being blessed and kept safe by the Lord. I’ve been thinking of you all and praying that each home is filled with His peace and joy. ππ«Ά Seeing His provision, His protection, and even the little everyday kindnesses reminded me again how merciful He is in every season. It truly encouraged my heart and soul to continue the Saviors work with full faith and trust in him.
God has been so good, and here are my ✨️highlights✨️ from the past 2 weeks!
.
Over the past few days the weather has been very unpredictable. We’ve experienced heavy rains, intense heat, and strong storms. Then, to our surprise, we saw a whirlwind form right over the ocean near the beach-
It looked like a small waterspout π¬πͺ. It was a sobering reminder of God’s power and presence. In the middle of a noisy and restless world, I was reminded that our God is steady and He invites us to find peace in Him no matter what is happening around us.
~π
Speaking of wild things… while we were walking to our next appointment, we suddenly spotted a TIGER! π π¨
Okay okay, it was actually just a very brave, very striped dog pretending to be one π But for 2 seconds my heart was like “RUN!” It definitely turned our walk into a National Geographic episode real quick π♀️ π¨
Stay tuned for next time when we probably discover a chicken is actually a dinosaur. π¦π
~ π
After the heart-attack-turned-laugh with our “tiger,” God gently slowed things down for us. So here’s another photo of the beach! ⛵
Every single day my companion and I get to walk by it, and I honestly never get tired of it and never will. It may be the same shoreline, the same sand, the same waves rolling in… but the sky is never the same twice.
The light hits different, the wind feels different, and God always meets me there in a new way. It’s such a quiet picture of how even when life as a missionary feels routine, His love and mercies are made new every single morning, and you just never get tired of it π₯°.
~π
Speaking of God’s love… we had Zone Conference the other week and it was beautiful.
We learned so much about the Tree of Life and how it connects to our purpose as missionaries.
We were reminded that everything really comes down to love…
God’s love for us, shown in sending His Only Begotten Son to atone for our sins. And our love for Him, shown as we keep building our faith through scripture study, prayer, and sharing that love with others as we do the Savior’s work.
Because… “We work with the Savior’s love and we love the Savior’s work!”
-Philippines Iloilo Mission Motto
And I want to live that more. For me, it was a good reset. Sometimes as a missionary you get caught up in plans, numbers, and schedules. But the Spirit whispered: “It’s all about love.” Love is why we’re here. Love is what people feel before they ever believe a word we say. I’m still thinking about it and trying to live it better.
~π
Also at Zone Conference, Sister Pearson dropped what I’m calling the sickest beat of Zone Conference:
D J P D A Y π
Translation: Deep Joyful Personal Deep-cleaning Day AKA clean your apartment.
And of course… we took it seriously. π΄π§Ή
We had a really productive AND meaningful Deep Joyful Personal Deep-cleaning Day. Floors were mopped, testimonies were strengthened, and I found an eight-legged friend in the trash bin. π·.
DJPDAY report:
✅ Floors: swept and mopped
✅ Testimonies: strengthened
✅ Unexpected roommate: 1 spider in the trash, 0 photos taken because I value my life π·π€Ί
Verdict: Really productive AND meaningful.
Thanks Sister Pearson for making Monday the cleanest, holiest, and scariest day of the week! π₯°
~π
Recently we also got to celebrate in a birthday party! I'm grateful for Marry Christ for invitingus to her son's 1st birthday. Thank you π₯³!!
It was honestly one of the awesome highlights of my week. The best part? All the invited kids made it their mission to take at least one bite of the cake. So even before the party started, the cake already had fingerprints on it π Evidence of some very cheeky kids getting an early taste. ππ₯·
It was really fun because we were able to meet a lot of new people, eat lots of awesome food and seeing pure excitement and joy from seeing children participating in thr games! It was beautiful to see everyone together, loving and celebrating. I left feeling so full ➡️ full of lechon and full of gratitude.
~π
On a quieter day recently, I’ve also been working on what might be my proudest crochet project yet.
Mosiah 18
20 Yea, even he commanded them that they should preach nothing save it were repentance and faith on the Lord, who had redeemed his people.
21 And he commanded them that there should be no contention one with another, but that they should look forward with one eye, having one faith and one baptism, having their hearts knit together in unity and in love one towards another.
22 And thus he commanded them to preach. And thus they became the children of God.
What I've Learned: I’ve truly felt how strong the love that our Heavenly Father has for us. I felt it in the changing weather, in cleaning our apartment, in the birthday party, and in every stitch of the crochet scripture covers and especially through the people here in Caticlan. I know that God loves each one of us so personally, He notices the small things we do to serve. He sees every stitch, every small moments that doesnt seem important, He hears every prayer.
I know that the gospel is all about love… loving Him, and loving each other. And I’m so grateful I get to be a missionary where I get to feel and have this awesome opportunity to share that love every single day.
That verse about having our “hearts knit together in unity and love” keeps coming to mind. It makes me wonder, how have you felt that kind of connection this week? π❤️
I’d love to hear your stories π. I love you all, and I love my Savior, Jesus Christ.
B O N U S
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
ππ
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
πMEPRY BER-MONTHS!ππ
(I got christmas lights for our room ✨️)
Damodamo nga Palangga,
~ Sister Padilla π«Άππ
✍️ 7 Sep 2026, 8:59 pm
Comments
Post a Comment